So I definitely missed my monthly favorites for April… life happens. So I decided to just combine both months into one ! Voila.
I have tried out a lot of new beauty products these past two months and I am SO excited to share them with you!!
This post contains affiliate links
First off I have to spotlight The Honest Company. I signed up for the monthly subscription with a half off introductory code and I am beyond impressed! The quality of the cosmetics is high and I love that they are cruelty-free, vegan and made with natural ingredients. I got the highlight and contour kit, the mascara , and the eyebrow pencil.
- I was a bit nervous to try the highlight/contour kit at first as it can be hard to tell if the shades are right for you when viewing them online. But it was a perfect match! I don’t contour daily, of course, but like to when I am going out or we are having people over. I don’t go crazy with it, just a little bit on my cheeks, nose and forehead. It is very creamy and blendable. And the highlight doesn’t look like you just smeared a disco ball on your face ! WIN! It is a light, natural highlight. I am obsessed !
2. The mascara is also much better quality than I had honestly expected. It has a primer on one end and the mascara on the other. It is easy to use, lasts a long time, gives my lashes crazy length and is easily build able without any flaking.
3. The eyebrow pencil is great too though I am not as in-love with this one. I have been using it daily and I do like it but I admit I love the Anastasia Brow Pencil more.
4. Next up is this Briogeo leave-in conditioner spray .Ladies- this stuff is AMAZING. I had received this in my Fab Fit Fun monthly box and fell in-love after the first time I used it. Colorado is super dry and I already have dry hair. This spray helps lock in some moisture, helps detangle my crazy knots after I take a shower, and leaves my hair smelling oh-so great. Plus, the best part- it doesn’t weigh down my already volume-less hair !
5. I ordered these floor pillows from Wayfair and I am just loving them. They are huge and fluffy and I love all the colors. I throw them wherever we need them! Around the coffee table when I need extra seating or outside when we are playing in the teepees. I got two of them but thinking I may buy two more ! I got them on sale so they are very reasonably priced, especially compared to some other floor pillows ! The only thing I am not thrilled about is that on the one side it is a plain white. Which is not really a big deal, but they will look dirty faster if we use them outside.
6. I received this Smashbox Studio Skin Hydrating Foundation for free from Influenster for review. I use the Smashbox BB cream and really love it but this foundation is one of my favorites now! It really is hydrating, great for my dry skin, but does not make it shiny or greasy at all. It is a light-medium coverage while being very build able. I can add just a thin layer and it will cover my redness and blemishes but still able to see my freckles. If I add a bit more, I get more coverage without any flakiness. It is long lasting however I don’t personally think for 15 hours. I do have to reapply it later in the day if I wanted to cover my redness again.
7. For the last beauty product, I have another eyebrow product I wanted to share. I found this randomly at Khols and impulsed bought this one. Well, pretty glad I did !
There is a wax, a powder and then a highlighter. This highlighter has NO shimmer , which I love. I just sweep it under my finished brow and it makes them really pop. I am very pleased with how easily it glides on and how long it lasts. At the end of the day my brows are looking the exact same! The brand is called Eylure London and I got the darker brown shade. Not exactly sure the name as it doesn’t say on the product and I threw away the packaging.
8. I made a new rollerball for myself and it works so great I have to share this too! I did 10 drops each of Copabia, Panaway, and Peppermint (all oils in the premium starter kit) and topped it off with avocado oil. It relieves the sharp pains in my shoulder blades and the dull ache in my neck. I even made one for my sister because I know she will love it !
Well, that’s it for the past two months of my favorites! Thanks for stopping by and if you like this post, check out my other monthly favorites ….March Favorites and February Favorites.
I hope you all have an awesome weekend !
Leave a Reply