The holidays means shopping shopping and more shopping for friends and loved ones and teachers and neighbors…. it can be stressful.
I took the stress out of shopping with this Denver holiday gift guide that gives you some great ideas for everyone on your list while supporting Colorado companies! Not a local? Thats OK! Most of these items listed you can buy online!
For your Preschooler:
- If you follow me on Instagram you may have heard me talk about our favorite bookstore, Second Star to The Right. If you are local, you MUST try to make it to one of their parties or story times. Kids just love it there. They have coffee for the parents, toys and crayons for the kids to play with, a beautiful little garden the kids can play in during warm months, and the BEST staff. I have gone in there so many times looking for gift recommendations and they are SO thorough and thoughtful and patient. I have found some of the best gift ideas here and they offer free gift wrapping too! Their love for books and children really shines through the whole store. I can’t say enough wonderful things about this book store on Tennyson St. We look forward to MANY more years of flipping through books and playing in the rumpus room. You can find a book for any child any age, but here are a few picture books by Colorado authors that are perfect for preschoolers….
- Catch & Count Fishing Game by Melissa and Doug is one of my son’s favorite games! Great hand-eye coordination practice while identifying numbers and colors. Pick one up at the local Grandrabbit’s Toy Shoppe at the Orchard Mall or order one online [amazon_textlink asin=’B00FZMDAL4′ text=’here’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’Newmommasurvival’ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’647a94e7-c024-11e7-ab7c-6f0f67fefb06′]. Price: $25.99
- ANYTHING from Talulah Jones is sure to be hit. This adorable uptown boutique is still my favorite store in Denver. They have the best selection of wooden and cloth toys, books and children’s clothing. It’s easy to go in there with a list of people you need to shop for, having no idea what to get them, and then come out with something for everyone. It’s a very beautifully curated store that’s inspirational and easy to navigate. I love how the children section of the store is organized in such a way that you can find what you are looking for quickly. There is a little section with just astronaut/space theme toys, a fairy garden section, a doll section, a wood toy section, a medieval /knight section of toys, dinosaurs… you name it. Some of my favorites for a preschooler :
- The Doll Kind is just one of those shops you really want to support! Any brand that gives back is a brand I can support. ( And they are from Colorado Springs!) They make these beautiful dolls for both girls and boys with four dolls to choose from. For each doll sold a doll is donated to a child less fortunate. What a wonderful lesson to teach our kiddos! Each doll also comes with a “kindness kit”. Each kit includes 10 tokens with special phrases on them to show gratitude, love, and kindness. These tokens are meant for children to give out as acts of kindness and there is a pocket on the back of the doll to hold these tokens. All the feels on this one. You can order one at their website or pick one up at Talulah Jones. Price: $59
- Modern Love Box is a Denver-based company that sends you monthly boxes for you and your hubby/significant other to enjoy! This box is unique because it’s full of expertly curated activities, products and ideas to strengthen your relationship. As parents, we often put our relationship on the back burner, putting kids, housework, errands and other tasks before our partner. I know we have personally struggled with keeping our relationship a priority. Order as subscription today to make your relationship a priority through the crazy holiday season. Price: $54 a month
- For locals with beer-loving hubby’s, Fathers, brothers etc… buy them a class from CO-Brew . They can learn to brew their own beer or to improve their brewing skills using the professional-grade equipment at the shop.The entire brewing process takes about 4 hours and you get to choose between 10 gallons and 20 gallons of beer. Price: $180+
- Head to Jolly Goods on Tennyson to pick up some printed whiskey and pint glasses by Vital Industries. This USA made glassware is funky and fun, with their road bike print probably the most popular. Pair that with their favorite whiskey or beer and you have a gift any drinking man would love. Price: $12-$16 a glass
- If he likes the smell of lavender, he is going to LOVE anything from Mountain Majesty Lavender. Karen, the owner and creator, grows her own chemical-free lavender right in Denver. She makes a heavenly smelling aftershave and these “Shoe de-pew” sachets. Will he get offended because you are basically telling him his feet stink? Maybe. But after using one of these, he may change his attitude. Karen also makes lotions, bath salts, sleep pillows and soap. Price: $5- $9
- For the beer (or pop) drinker, this Magnetic Cast Iron Bottle Opener from A Good Turn Co is perfect to hang on your fridge. With a magnet that is strong enough to catch the caps, this is a pretty cool and functional gift. Price : $18
For the Foodie/Cooking Enthusiast/Hostess:
- The Truffle Cheese Shop in Denver is one of my favorite cut-to-oder cheese shops They offer Cheese Club memberships which includes 1/3 of a pound of three different artisan cheeses and a non-cheese accompaniment hand selected by a professional cheesemonger. You receive a description of each cheese, tasting notes, and the history behind each cheese. Every month they offer a different theme, so each month is a unique experience. They vary the textures, flavor profiles, milk types, and may include imported, domestic, and local cheeses. You can pick up yourself or they can ship anywhere in the United States for additional shipping and handling cost. BONUS: They offer free delivery within Denver! Price: $40/month
- Any cook or baker needs a stylish apron. My sister hand makes the cutest aprons and sells them on her Etsy shop! She uses several different fabrics and has a few different styles. My favorites are the Christmas aprons! Lady T Designs Price: $30-$45
- Savory Spice Shop in Denver (and Boulder) is a shop full of high-quality herbs, spices, and seasonings. They have a BUNCH of really great gift ideas. One of my favorites is the Front Range Regional Spice Gift Set. This one has the Red Rocks Hickory Smoke seasoning. This is SO good on chicken and pork chops… pretty much anything. I love giving this set as a gift because it already comes in a cute little box and the spices are easy to use and full of flavor. Price: $23.95
- Does boozy jam sound amazing? Of course it does. I got to sample some delicious jams from That’s My Jam at the Denver HAHO and wanted to buy 15 jars. They also sell pie filings and butter! Add a little ribbon around the jar and you don’t even need to wrap it!Price: $6-$10
- While shopping my way through Cap Hill the other day I stumbled upon the most beautiful and inspirational home store I have ever seen. Filled with unique and exceptional items, I was just drooling over EVERYTHING in this store. Dory Pratt, the owner of Home Body was so incredibly sweet and helpful. She took the time to show me certain pieces she thought I would like and explained where they came from and what made them special. Talk about a wonderful shopping experience! From handmade rugs to candles to the softest pajamas… they had something for everyone there. I was blown away by the perfectly curated tablescapes. Perfect place settings, quirky candle holders and whimsical pieces everywhere you looked. From the classic hostess to the eclectic entertainer, you are going to find a one-of-a-kind gift there.
For your momma friends/gal pals:
- Java Mama is one of the best places to have a coffee date with your mom squad. Though it is up north in Firestone, it is worth the drive. You can order a cup of jo, some delicious food and catch up with your girls while the littles run around in an enclosed play area. This is a great place to go when the weather is terrible but you need your kids to burn some energy. The little details of this place is what makes it special. Every single corner of the shop has kiddos in mind. There is a little baby area too, which I love. A puppet theater, slides, play houses, a play market place… lots of entertainment for the kids! Pick up a gift card (no minimum amount) and gift these to all your friends with kids.
- Put together a little gift basket with boxes of Celestial Seasonings tea, a cute tea cup and saucer, and some dainty cookies. Or a vintage style tea pt like this one! Leave a note that the gift continues with a day at the Celestial Seasonings factory in Boulder. It is a perfect way to spend a girls afternoon and if you have a stuffy nose, head to that peppermint room and your sinus’ will be cleared up in a second ! Price: tours are free
- Got a girlfriend who has everything? Give her a gift card from Alchemy Face Bar on 44th. Who doesn’t love a facial?? Their prices are competitve and they also offer waxing and eyelash extensions. Price: $40-$60 for a facial
- A cute handmade wine stopper with a nice bottle of wine would be the perfect gift for any wine lover! Think holiday party hostess gift, for your gal pals, for a neighbor, for you…. I mean, everyone loves wine, right? Chelsea, the creator of Ceramae Studios makes beautiful ceramic art. Wine stoppers, jewelry, magnets… head to her Etsy shop to swoon over her creations. (Look for Colorado wines to gift! My favorite brands are Bookcliff, Laughing Cat, and Infinite Monkey Theorem.)
- The classic candy canes from Hammond’s Candies is the perfect cheap stocking stuffer for anyone on your list. But no need to stop there, they have other delicious types of candy and you can skip the shipping costs if you are local and head straight to the factory. (tours are free and are SO fun!)
- Pangea Organics in Boulder is a plant-based cosmetics store that sells everything from lip balm to face masks. Grab an organic lip balm, hand lotion and a body wash for an easy stocking stuffer ! You can order online too!
- Is anyone else overjoyed that macrame has made a comeback? I have been collecting macrame plant holders before it was cool again and I am SO happy that it is easier than ever to find some great handmade macramé. Rustic Sage Designs makes beautiful wall hangings and also macrame keychains/purse accessories that would be perfect as a gift topper or a stocking stuffer. You can buy online or go see the shop at the Jackalope Art Fair Dec 9th & 10th Price: $9
- Sometimes you find a brand/product that just works. And no matter how many others you try, you keep coming back. This is my relationship with Queen Of The Meadows. I found this small shop at a craft fair years ago and I still use her products to this day. My favorites are the solid lotion bars and the solid perfumes. These last forever ! I still have my solid perfume from a couple years ago. These all natural, organic skin care products are made with 100% plant-based ingredients and eco-friendly packaging by Daniela Honegger. Price: $9-$15
- I love a good pair of socks and if they are made with organic cotton I am all about it! Wear Pact Organic is one of my favorite local shops that has some of the best comfy essentials. The crew sock gift box is a perfect stocking stuffer! Price: $25
For your kids teacher:
- The LetteryCo is a local stationary company that has some of the cutest invites around! They also have this very affordable and unique Teacher Bundle gift set, perfect for the appreciated and hard-working teacher. It comes with a custom book stamp and a “Yes we’re reading” sign for the classroom. Any teacher would love this gift! Price: $32
For anyone on your list:
- If you are looking for something really special and already put together for you, head to Monofattoshop.com to order a beautifully handmade gift box for anyone on your list. Flowers, coffee, artisanal foods and other small batch american made goods in a handmade baltic birch wood box is sure to impress anyone. You can pick the gift theme & the recipient preferences and add a personal message to include on the card that is beautifully handwritten for you. Price: $100-$250
- Anyone with a sweet tooth will appreciate a delectable creation from Ruby Jean Patisserie. From macarons to cupcakes to the best rosemary sugar cookies… order some beautiful holiday treats for your office, your neighbor, the mail man, or for yourself! Jennifer also offers a free smash cake (on first birthday) with any large cake purchase!
Shop small Saturday is November 25th!
Remember that where you shop this holiday season does affect your community. Support those amazing small shops!
I hope this gift guide gives you some inspiration and gift ideas.