The holiday shopping season is upon us ! I usually share more small shops to support when shopping, but this year I decided to do an Amazon gift guide. I always try to shop small before I go to Amazon, but sometimes I am short on time or have too small of a budget for the small shop item I want. This year I have a pretty good mix of Amazon purchases, Etsy gifts, and local gifts that I have bought. This gift guide is filled with thoughtful gifts for toddlers ages 1-2. I have found lots of wood toys, Waldorf and Montessori-inspired gifts, and pretty much everything I have listed is for open-ended play. I hope you can get some inspiration and ideas for the toddlers you are shopping for this year!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. To read my full disclosure, click here.
- Goose Warmies®– Plush Heatable Lavender Scented Stuffed Animal- fully microwable and so cozy
- Montessori Wooden Knob Shape Puzzle – your toddler will love the mirror & there’s a photo Insert
- Rainbow Peg Dolls Sorting Toy– I know my toddler would love pulling these little dolls out and putting them back in
- Double Sided Wood Art Kids Easel– one side is a Whiteboard & the other is Chalkboard. I like that this one is height adjustable and it comes with painting accessories (painting cups, dust-free chalks, eraser, magnets and dry-erase marker pens).
- Wooden Drum Pull-Along Toy– How cute is this bear and drum? It has a string to pull the toy along on its wheels. The bear will beat the drum when the toy is pulled around! This one gives me an nostalgic vintage feel.
- Barnyard Animals – these adorable little stuffed animals can be carried around in a barn. (Toys that comes with their own storage is the best, aren’t they?) Your toddler just has to squeeze or hug each animal and they’ll get to hear the classic farmhouse animal sounds.
- Fisher-Price Classic Toys – Retro Cash Register– I had this toy when I was little, so the nostalgia makes me want to get this for my little boy. While they’re playing, they’ll be learning color recognition and counting.
- Green Toys Orange Wagon– I ordered this one for my tot because I know he will just love filling the little wagon up and pulling it around. This toy is made out of recycled plastic in the USA without BPA, phthalates, or PVC.
- Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit Wooden Garden Wagon– Toddlers love to push toys along just as much as they pull them along. My son’s nursery is Peter Rabbit themed, so I just adore this little push wagon! It comes with a removable cardboard crate and 6 plush toys Including A Turnip, Radish, Carrot, Cabbage, “Dirt” Garden Bed, And Peter Rabbit.
- MagnaTiles – Any Magna-Tiles would be a great gift, but I really like the Eric Carle collection for toddlers. The Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? are really sweet.
- Montessori Ball Tracker – My son loves toys like this. He will sit there putting the ball at the top and watching it roll down over and over again. This toy also is great hand-eye coordination practice.
- Eco Kids Veggie Finger Paint– This toddler paint is made in the USA with Non Gmo Organic veggies and fruits, and includes a paint smock for toddlers.
one// two// three// four// five// six// seven// eight// nine// ten// eleven// twelve
If you are looking to gift just one large gift, or perhaps have a larger budget for the holidays this year, I have eight ideas for ya!
- KidKraft Outdoor Covered Wooden Sandbox– I appreicate the shady canopy on this style of sandbox. I could see us spending hours playing in this! KidKraft also has a pirate ship version of this- so fun! The plastic sand and water bins are also really great to store some sand toys in.
- Amazon Basics Kids Solid Wood Table and 2 Chair Set- Toddlers love to have furniture just their size. I am buying a little table for my own tot this Christmas. He needs a space to color and play with playdough and do busy work while big brother and I do our homeschool lessons. Amazon has a natural wood style and a painted white style. As of RIGHT now, the natural table is $103 but at the beginning of November it was $53. Make sure you keep looking at the price, and hopefully you can snag it at the lower price! The white table and chairs set is currently $65.
- Wobble Balance Board– We have a wobble board and just love it ! My kids use it in so many ways. It’s a great open-ended toy and stimulates the vestibular system, which is of great importance for general development and learning.
- Montessori Wood Triangle Climber– I REALLY want to get this for my toddler, but we are currently in the smallest rental house. We are trying to find a larger rental before Christmas, so maybe I will be able to still get this awesome climber. There are several brands and styles of these climbers. I like the look and natural color of this one. It has three pieces- an arch, a ramp and a triangle climber. This would be perfect for days stuck inside and your kids are bouncing off the walls.
- Kitchen Playset– There are SO many cute wood play kitchens on Amazon now. I picked this one because I think it looks more gender neutral, it’s lower to the ground for 1-3 year olds, and it’s a fair price. It also comes with wood play food and utensils.
- Toddler Kitchen Stool– This is a gift that will keep on giving for several years. If your child takes interest in cooking, baking, washing dishes, or trying to reach the kitchen counters for any activity, these step stools are so convenient. I plan to gift this one to my son next Christmas when he is a little older. This one is a great price, too!
- Kids Playhouse Tent– My son just LOVES to hide under blankets, tents, living room forts, playsilks… just about anything. This little tent can be used with multiple children at different ages. I like the neutral color and the sweet little banner across the top. It is also currently on sale right now! I like that this looks like a little house, which is perfect for open-ended pretend play.
- Indoor Soft Foam Play Structure– This is another toy I really wish I could get my son this year. He wants to climb, jump, roll, and crawl all over the place. This would give him a safe, fun place to do all those things! It features two stepping blocks, a ramp, and a toddler traversing tunnel.
one// two// three// four// five// six// seven// eight
You’ll notice a theme of farms and farm animals. This was completely unintentional, and I laughed once I realized this! I guess my dreams of purchasing land to start our homestead is always on my mind. I love anything farm-themed, especially toys and books!
- Sensory Magic Tissue Box– My son was gifted this for his 1st birthday and it’s one of his favorite toys. We play with the colorful scarves a lot, and I like to hide small toys at the bottom of the soft tissue box for him to find after pulling out all the scarves.
- Toddler Bean Bag Chair– I just scored a similar chair at Target the other day on clearance. I put it in my 15th month old’s room and it’s the cutest thing ever when he grabs a little board book and plops down in his big boy chair and “reads”. Creating cozy and inviting spots for my children to snuggle up and read has always been important to me.
- Baby Einstein Wood Piano– This is another fun toy we have and love. My son shows a constant interest in music and loves this toy!
- Wooden Take-Along Tabletop Farm– This Melissa and Doug toy comes with the table-top Farm, a truck, tractor, 2 trailers with magnetic couplers, bridge, barn with silo, grain house, trees, animals, and hay bales. This one is better for 2-3 year olds. A perfect toy to bring along to Grandma’s for your toddler to keep busy.
- Wooden Tray Puzzle with Woodland Animals– This puzzle is currently a bit pricey, but the price does fluctuate. We have this puzzle and it looks so good on our shelf! Aesthetically pleasing toys that kids actually love are a win-win!
- Old MacDonald’s Barn Board book– I saw this chunky board book in a thrift store all torn up and being held together with scotch tape. I thought it was a charming vintage book that was well-loved. Then I did some searching and found it new on Amazon! Yay! This book is SO sweet.
- Rainbow 8 Piece Sorting and Stacking Ring Toy– Another cute toy for your child’s shelf, this wood stacking toy is wonderful hand-eye coordination practice, as well as color recognition and fine motor skills.
- Fisher Price Classic Record Player– I found this toy at a thrift store many years ago when my oldest was little. We still have it and my toddler plays with it daily. I am not a fan of many plastic toys, but the vintage style Fisher Price toys are just so wonderfully nostalgic, I make the exception.
- Wood Fire Engine Truck– perfectly sized and chunky for little hands, this cute wood truck would look darling under your tree Christmas morning.
- Montessori Box Toys– If I had to recommend just ONE gift for a toddler, this would be it! This IS my son’s favorite toy. He spends a lot of time playing with this daily. This set comes with an open cube and 3 interchangeable wooden covers. The lid in the 3-in-1 can be switched out to play ball, play a carrot harvesting game, matchstick color dropping game, or a coin bank game. The ball drop is pure entertainment for him, and he will drop the ball in the hole and watch it roll out, over and over again.
- Sarah’s Silks Set of 5 Enchanted Mini Playsilks– Play silks are so fun at this age! I have a similar set of the mini playsilks for my toddler this year. This open-ended toy is fun to play “peak-a-boo” with, to use as a cape or a flag or as a background for a puppet show.
one// two// three// four// five// six// seven// eight// nine// ten// eleven
Stocking stuffers can be useful things they need, such as a small toothbrush or a new hairbrush, little socks, or a new Winter hat. Snacks, food pouches, and bath time toys/bubbles are fun ideas too.
one// two// three// four// five// six// seven// eight// nine// ten
I could list dozens of good books that would make perfect gifts, but for the sake of time, here are 9 books that are at the top of my list. Number 3 & 9 are “indestructible” books that are really great for kiddos that are a little rougher with their books. They also don’t take up as much room and are super lightweight, so they’re a good thing to throw in a diaper bag.
one// two// three// four// five// six// seven// eight// nine
I have an Amazon shop with all these gift ideas listed, and I am continually adding a few here and there as I find good deals.
If Amazon is not your style, I do have a few other gift guides supporting small shops. I have several gift guides on my blog. Under the “Lifestyle” category is the drop down and click on “gift guides”. I have some really amazing and unique gift ideas I have found over the years.
Holiday Gift Guide For The Little Explorer
Holiday Gift Guide For The Mindful Mama
Leave a Reply